Date: Thursday 6th December
Time: 12:00pm – 2:00pm
Price: £25 + VAT (includes lunch)
Location: Livius Training Centre, Rabbit Hill Business Park, Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, HG5 0RB
What it’s all about
Have you ever wondered how you can apply for CITB training funds? Or, make the most of local training schemes?
Many businesses within the construction industry are eligible to receive funding for training purposes. But, if you do not know much about the schemes available or how to apply then you could be left in the dark.
Which is why we are holding our Bitesize Event where you will learn all about training scheme funds and how your business can benefit. The talk will be headed by Lorraine Kirbitson who runs the North Yorkshire Construction Training Group (NYCTG).
The morning will involve a presentation followed by a Q & A session with Lorraine and will include topics such as accessing training schemes and aiding apprentices.
Throughout the morning, Lorraine will be touching on the following topics:
- Introducing the North Yorkshire Training Group (and Promoting Construction West Yorkshire Training Group)
- A brief overview of CITB
- The CITB Grants Scheme – How and what to claim
- Skills and training fund – Applying for up to £10,000 towards your training needs (businesses employing 1-99 staff)
- Supporting an apprentice
- Additional CITB funding
- Funding for skills training from York, North Yorkshire & East Riding LEP and Leeds City Region LEP – What is available and how to access funding
- Additional support to develop and grow your business
- A Q&A session
Who are NYTCG?
NYCTG is a non-profit organisation which helps the construction businesses of North Yorkshire with areas such as developing training plans and helping your business access funding. Lorraine also runs a West Yorkshire group if you are in this area.
What you’ll gain from the talk
- An understanding of how to access funding schemes
- Strategies to grow your construction business
- Information on how to support an apprentice
Who is it suitable for?
This Bitesize event is ideal for all business owners and managers working within the construction sector in North and West Yorkshire.
Examples of businesses in the NYCTG are:
- GEM Construction
- Randall Orchard Construction
- Tockwith Joinery
- Lindum (York)
- William Birch and Sons Ltd
CITB funding can be used by businesses to reduce the skills gap, reduce the skills shortage and improve access to the right training.
Therefore, this can go towards:
- Financial and e-procurement courses
- Green deal and sustainability training
- Information and communications technology (ICT) courses
- Legal Courses
- Management and leadership courses
- Marketing courses
- Site Safety Plus courses
- Specialist plant training
Our Bitesize Events aim to inform small business owners, managers and team leaders about ways they can grow their business.
Each event features a different speaker(s) which talk around a topic suited to a specific industry.
Our aim is to make them quick informative sessions, run either in the morning, afternoon or evening, for those who don’t have time to attend events for a whole day.
If you are interested in this event then please select the “CITB Navigating the Maze” option in the booking section.