Our Abrasive Wheels Course covers the duty of care placed on employers by the PUWER regulations 1998 to provide adequate training for the safe use abrasive wheels. This course gives candidates the knowledge to select the correct wheel for the job, the suitable PPE required, and to cut or grind using the tool safely.
Our course covers:
- An overview of the legislation when working with an abrasive wheel
- The common causes of accidents when working with an abrasive wheel
- PPE requirements when using an abrasive wheel
- Precautions when using an abrasive wheel
- The safe use of an abrasive wheel in confined spaces
- Daily checks on abrasive and all tools to ensure safe use
This Abrasive Wheels course takes place over a ½ day.
Morning Courses run 9.30am – 12.30pm and Afternoon Courses run 1.00pm – 4.00pm.
All successful candidates will receive a certificate specifying their qualification shortly after attending their course.