Our Fire Safety Awareness qualification is aimed at all employees where a basic understanding of fire safety is required. This course gives each candidate the understanding that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace and gives recognition of the contribution they may have to prevent the starting and spread of fires.
Our Fire Safety Awareness qualification covers:
- The Causes of Fires in the Workplace
- Duties and Responsibilities in relation to Fire Safety at Work
- Action to be taken in the Event of a Fire in the Workplace.
- Fire Risk Management
- Controlling Fire Risks
- Safe Operating Parameters for Portable Fire-fighting Equipment
- Simple Checks for ensuring Fire Safety Equipment are Serviceable and Safe to use.
This Fire Safety Awareness course takes place over a ½ day with a total of 3 hours contact time.
Morning Courses run 9.30am – 12.30pm and Afternoon Courses run 1.00pm – 4.00pm.
All candidates will receive a handbook to assist them both during the course and back in the workplace. All successful candidates will receive a certificate specifying their qualification shortly after attending their course.