Our Front of House Food Safety qualification is designed for those already working or preparing to work in the food industry as waitresses, bar staff & any additional front of house roles. This course includes all the topics regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
Our Front of House Food Safety qualification covers:
- Food safety hazards associated with customer service
- Benefits of good food service and the costs when it goes wrong
- Avoiding cross-contamination
- Understanding allergens & customer needs
- Understand food poisoning & personal hygiene
- Food safety for hot & chilled serving counters
- Cleaning and disinfection for safe food service
- The legal requirements for food handling
This Front of House Food Safety course takes place over 1/2 a day.
Morning Courses run 9.30am – 12.30pm.
This qualification is assessed through a multiple choice knowledge test at the end of the course.
All candidates will receive a handbook to guide them through their food safety both during the course and back in the workplace. All successful candidates will receive a certificate specifying their qualification shortly after attending their course.
The Front of House Food Safety qualification is recommended to be retaken every 3 years after which each candidate should re take the course if they wish to continue with best practice.