Our Level 2 Moving People Safely training qualification is designed as a further development qualification for those working in areas where the assistance and movement of people is required as part of their role. This course includes the principles of manual handling with the addition of the specialist skills required to move people safely.
Our moving people safely qualification covers:
- The Reasons for Safe Manual Handling
- Potential Injuries from Incorrect Manual Handling
- Legal Duties related to Manual Handling in the Workplace
- Assessing Manual Handling Activities
- Reducing Manual Handling Risks
- Pushing & Pulling
- Handling while Seated
- Preserving the dignity and safety of the person being moved
- Personal Handling Plans
- Control measures related to moving people safely
- Principles, types & testing of equipment for moving people safely
- Application of principles when moving people with equipment, manually & as part of a team.
This Moving People Safely course takes place over 2 days as an accredited course or 1 day as an in house course.
This qualification is assessed through 2 multiple choice exam papers (when accredited) and an ongoing practical demonstration of the correct techniques across a number of the topics listed above.
All candidates will receive a handbook to guide them through their training. All successful candidates will receive a certificate specifying their qualification shortly after attending their course.
The Level 2 moving people safely qualification is recommended to be retaken every 3 years after which each candidate should re take the course if they wish to continue with best practice.