Adhere to Ofsted guidelines with this two day Paediatric First Aid training course.
Crucial components of first aid, such as CPR, differ from adults and children. Paediatric First Aid covers the safe techniques for performing first aid on children and infants. Therefore, making you more competent to give safe, prompt and effective treatment in an emergency.
Focus on the topics which have been advised by the Early Years Foundation Stage and therefore comply with Ofsted.
The full course content is:
- The roles and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Required first aid equipment
- Incident reporting
- Scene, primary and secondary surveys (assessing the incident)
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- The recovery position
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Choking and abdominal thrusts
- Treatment of wounds
- Fractures and dislocations
- Head, neck and back injuries
Assessment and Certification
Candidates are assessed during each practical activity. At the end of the course candidates will complete a multiple choice question paper. Each candidate must successfully complete both elements to pass the course.
On passing the paediatric first aid course each candidate will receive a certificate. These certificates are accredited through Highfield Qualifications and are valid for 3 years. After this the course must be retaken.
Meet childcare regulations
This course helps you to adhere to regulations and rules set by:
- The Department of Education
- Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Local Education authorities
- The Childcare Register
Who needs Paediatric First Aid training?
Paediatric First Aid is great for anyone who is responsible for a child or infant in their workplace, such as:
Note: Emergency First Aid at Work and First Aid at Work courses are not applicable to those working with children as key aspects of first aid differ between adults and juveniles.
Stay on top of your training by downloading our exclusive Training Organiser.
First Aid for Schools
We can organise training around school holidays and training days. If it suits you better we can also offer weekend or evening courses.
Other courses we train for the education department are: